Many of the infrastructure systems, worth billions of dollars, are failing prematurely and are in need of costly repairs. In particular, aged water distribution systems show:
- A high rate of water loss
- Insufficient fire protection
- Poor water quality at the tap
Acting now will prevent system failures, frequent maintenance/emergency requirements, and decreased system capacity due to incrustation - while improving the level of service and, ultimately, save money.
For the renewal of potable water main, open cut replacement is the method mostly used today by municipalities. Such method requires the removal and reinstatement of soil, gravel, asphalt, sidewalks and all. Water main replacement projects often cause:
- A slow-down of economic development
- Traffic deviations/congestion
- Increased accidents/risks
- Noise and all other related aggravations including the very high emission of CO2.
Using trenchless technology, Acuro can rehabilitate, either in a non, semi or fully structural fashion, cast/ductile iron, asbestos cement (AC), corrugated metal, cement, metallic, high-density polyethylene (HDPE) lead and PVC water mains and conduits from 100mm (4 in.) diameter and up.
Large diameter water mains are one of the most critical infrastructures and yet, few trenchless rehabilitation methods are offered in the industry… until now.
The Acuro Advantage
- Most cost-effective trenchless rehabilitation method on the market
- Same day return-to-service
- Renewable, recyclable and ‘Green’ solution
- Reduced carbon footprint
- Extends water main service life for 75-100 years